View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
McClain is a writer first, fan second & not a scout. his resoning is flawed & understanding of positions off target.

this is what the Texans will do - take their guy, which could be very different from the consensus.

so it doesnt matter diddly-squat if McClain or the herd for that matter chant Matthews or Cushing. Matthews does not have enough value to be selected 15th overall & Cushing is.....well..... not their kinda guy.

here are the guys who I think fit-
  • Peria Jerry
  • Aaron Maybin
  • Malcolm Jenkins
  • Evertte Brown

those are about it @ #15. now if they can trade down then thats a whole other story

First off you say that McClain is a writer first, fan second & not a scout. his resoning is flawed & understanding of positions off target.

Then you say "this is what the Texans will do". No offence but YOU are also a fan first and not a scout.

Next: The Texans want there first round picks to start. I think that is a given. If so you can take E Brown and A Maybin off that list. I doubt Jenkins will be available. That leaves only Jerry from youre list. Now who do you think has a better chance of starting, Mathews or Perry?

Before you answer that question consider these quotes from McClain

Scouts tell me he could end up being the best of the USC linebackers. He's faster and quicker off the ball. He's smart. He works hard.

Because every scout I talk to -- and I don't mean reporters who do mock drafts or rank players -- tells me Matthews is a better prospect.

Also consider that Perry is 25 years old.

Also consider that Perry will have to beat out Okoye (#10 pick overall) whos greatest attribute is perfect for what our new DC is trying to accomplish and Mathews would have to beat out Dyles a 7th round pick that is coming off a season ending injury.

Also consider the fact that if its even close between these 2 that Mathews popularity could give him the edge. I like Perry alot but drafting another DT in the first round wouldnt be near as popular as drafting a Mathews.

No sir, IMO if these 2 are at the top of our board when our pick comes around its a one horse race.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote