View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
McClain has gone completely gaga over Baby Matthews. He's never started at LB in 4 years, but Da General is certain Matthews can start at either OLB position. Matthews is a great story as a walkon with NFL bloodlines. As a 1st round pick, he's a monster gamble. I'm not a huge Brian Cushing fan, but he's much more accomplished as a football player than Clay, Jr. I can only hope this is wishful thinking from McClain (who still thinks the Texans will draft VY), and not something he's hearing out of Reliant Park.
Here's the thing about Matthews (from my perspective). If he hasn't started at LB in 4 years, then I don't think the Texans will take a long look at him at 15. Kubiak knows that it's time to win now. If we draft a guy who hasn't started as a LB in college, it's doubtful he starts at LB as a pro as a rookie. He's not an immediate contributer. If the Texans and Kubiak are trying to win now (which he has to in order to continue being the head coach) then my guess is that they don't go after a guy who won't have an immediate impact his first season.

Of course maybe Kubiak and other NFL teams do seem him as being able to help out in a major way as a rookie.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote