View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I can't think of a past 1st round pick who has accomplished less in 4 seasons than Matthews. You can make a case that Matt Jones had zero experience for the job he was drafted for. But, Jones was a decent college QB. Matthews was a special teamer for 3 years prior to playing a season as a stand up DE. He has minimal experience at LB.

Maybe Cushing has peaked. In that way, he reminds of former 1st round LBs Chad Greenway and Bobby Carpenter. But, how many 5th year Seniors are drafted on potential? There's nothing Matthews has done on the field that would warrant a 1st round pick.
I tried to make this point a while back....with the additional teams switching 3-4 in the NFL...and the colleges covering the spread...just where the heck are our 4-3 OLBs supposed to come from Lucky ?

DE elephants in college or big SS who can convert. And it's not going to get any better next draft either. And just maybe his off season work is for real and we get something similar to Wilbur Marshal. And McClain wouldn't be putting this out there if he weren't getting sources saying that he is worth the pick. I'm not Pollyanna enough to not realize he sees the print value in the Mathews angle...but I also know he wouldn't be throwing out the Mathews smoke unless he had something more than just he feelings. His scout sources are teling him what he knows.

I also believe he knows who they are targeting at RB...and making a great effort at not revealing it.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-17-2009 at 11:55 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote