View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3dgaroo's Mock Draft vs. 0.1 beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I think Everette Brown is a flash in the pan. I think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB. He just really, really scares me. It's just my gut feeling, and even after watching more film on him, it hasn't changed in the least. The more I watch, the more I worry. I'd also be pretty leery about his "moves" as the move that made him famous was his inside spin move without attacking the outside shoulder but instead switching to the outside shoulder of the inside man and spinning inside of him, essentially stunting on his own. You can't do that against a NFL OG on any consistent basis. Freeny's go to move is an inside spin. The difference is that Freeny bull rushes the outside shoulder to a depth of about 3-4 yards or a kick-step and one, and then he spins inside the outside man, shooting that gap 6-gap. While it is impossible for every "Freeny" type DE to completely emulate him, it's also impossible to not compare moves. Brown is extremely quick from initial snap, but if he doesn't get vertical, he isn't going to get it. Again, this is just my view on him. I just really, really, really want to stay away from him. I think he could be an alright NFL player in the perfect storm, but it's not something I'd be willing to bet first round money on, and that is if I'm a 3-4 team.
excatly how is Evertte Brown a flash in the pan when LZ has him rated as the #6 overall prospect in the draft & you took no issue with his ratings?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote