View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Pencil Neck's First Ever Texan's Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No problem, man. I know that a few of you guys who are hardcore get sick of people repeating the same bad bios or bad reports about players because it shows a lack of research but for most of us who love football, we're never going to watch enough tape to form our own opinions and we have to rely on other people's evaluations. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Other people's evaluations are sometimes going to be right and sometimes going to be wrong but even if you're doing your own evaluation, you're going to be wrong many times. I just don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with using other people's research and I realize it's going to be faulty at times.
TRUE THAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I expect Rey to go before our pick. I think he is the better LB in the group. My initial try had Cushing because I think he's rated slightly higher than Matthews. My second try had Ayers because he's starting to shoot up people's boards from what I'm reading/hearing.
linebacker's more than any other position are the products of a system. thats why certain types fit a particular scheme more than another, its also a reason the arguement goes, you can address this need later since your only looking to plug in a hole thats missing or underachieving in your system. unless your elite talent like Aaron Curry. personally I don't see any of the other linebackers as elite talent, more of team needs around the league. I don't care if Cushing, Rey Mealuga or Matthews himself are all off the board by #15 that only means they're pushing down a possible better player just because of need.

I hope this is the case & someone like Everette Brown slides Houston way.....
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote