View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Post-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
How do you figure BL ? I mean just who are you projecting him to beat out opening day.....by the end of september......the end of October ?
depends on the package Bush trots out there on sundays. I like Dunta @ Nickle, Reeves LCB, Butler projects to RCB. If only two corners are in there Bush could move Dunta to FS that way you have your best three db's on the field @ all times. thats a big thing for me is to have flexabiltiy & philosophy to have your best players on the field @ all times. I would fully expect Butler to get tested early, by seaons end it might be flipped back towards Reeves

Quote:
Inquiring minds wish to know ? Taking the best out of a very bad class will only give you heart burn.
each year only a handfull of CB's can play @ the next level, thats what increases their value. its a premium position, like QB where value is overstated because they're hard to find. Flash backward two drafts ago- Texans sitting there @ #10 had some other choices you know between Amobi, Willis, Timmons, Hall & Revis. we probably would not be having this discussion if the Texans had selected Revis. for all the talk of passing on Patrick Willis (ole Miss) Revis should have been the pick, he is now one of the best young cb's in the NFL.

Quote:
Him sitting on the bench doesn't help us one iota catching the division. If they had another two or three years....I'd be on board....but they ain't got two or three years....they got this season. They got to hit somebody who can contribute....now.
understand but always remember its a fluid process that evolves over time. my biggest concern with the Texans right now is the future without Dunta, the Texans need to be smart about things, so far refusing to overpay or commit longterm, we must understand this, so they franchised him. Im not super crazy about Reeves, Bennett is very long but is slow in breaks, doesnt have the elite coverage skills needed & Molden is still unknown. the Texans could be hurting with this group sooner rather than latter if they pass on another elite talent. you only get one maybe two shots a year to address it.

beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote