View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3dgaroo's Mock Draft vs. 0.1 beta

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11483165

Draft nick 101.
Quote:
15. Houston - Michael Oher - Okay, let me explain. We go best player available. Oher can play both guard spots where he will dominate or he can move out to LT or RT if Duane Brown or Eric Winston don't work out. Watching his film, he is better than Monroe and Smith right now and has the strength to immediately contribute. Think goal-line situations where we where horrendous this past year. At this point with the best defensive tackles gone, no defensive ends worth mentioning, linebackers coming a dime a dozen every year, this selection helps keep Shaub healthy, makes Slaton a power back, and brings competition to almost everyone on the line.

I like Oher....alot. What I've seen...he needs to start on the right or insde and be worked into the line up. And your statement I highlighted in red is flat out wrong. There is no way anyone is going to stick Oher on the left side opening day with out some grooming first.

He just doesn't have the feet yet. What you are buying is his up side...which is very, very high.

Here's some ammo to support your pick......

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71659

However.....we got egos involved here....Gibbs hand picked Brown. After a rough few starts...he settled down and played well. Including dominating on rushing downs. Also, the problem with the o-line isn't tallent. It's consistancy. They had several games where they could of pushed thier boots on someones neck and broke them. Where the breaks came was in their mental part of the game. Game after game they made mental mstakes and failed to cover for the porus defense. What it tells me is they are still young. Still five fingers looking to make a nasty fist and deliver a blow. I don't like it either....but we're just going to have to be patient and trust our Mushroom King. They willl not tear up the o-line this season.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-15-2009 at 12:32 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote