View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Post-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm curios how he stacks up to last years corners.

DRC had sixty passes targeted into his area, and held the opposition to 22 receptions for 262 yards (11.91 avg per completion), three touchdowns and an average of 4.37 yards per pass attempt.

McKelvin had 70 passes targeted into his territory, as the opposition caught 34 of those tosses (48.57%) for 407 yards (11.97-yard average per completion/5.81-yard average per attempt), no touchdowns and eleven first downs
good stuff there goatcheese, would like to see them myself. only thing I can remember is that Connecticut uses different packages sometimes soft zone other times man to man. Against Rutgers they used primarily zone & Britt (who you see I have as 1st rd. talent) lit them up for 107 yards I believe yet did not score a TD. North Carolina with Hakeem Nicks they used Butler in man to man Nicks had like one catch for 8 yards. As you noticed there was a run on WR @ the end of the 1st rd. I see them all pretty fluid & could move from team to team depending on individual workouts etc... the one thing these match-ups tell me is Butlers playing speed is around 4.5 that covers most NFL WR's but has to work with his back peddle & technique against the faster ones like a Britt otherwise the cushion is too deep. from watching these players thats my gut feeling anyway. bottom line the talent is there, is developing to the fullest potential the challenge.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote