View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Pencil Neck's First Ever Texan's Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My problem with Cushing is his injury history. We're going to end up with Adibi, Diles, and Cushing if we go that way and there's a good possibility they all end up injured and off the field. Cushing is also considered an LB that's going to have to pulled out in passing situations. He was pulled in passing situations at USC so you've got to expect he comes off the field on passing downs in the NFL.

And although I'd prefer an every down starter with the 15th pick, Ayers could be the best value at that pick because he may give us the most production. And when you consider, that teams can spend up to 50% of the time in some sort of pass defense, that means that Ayers could see the field more than Cushing.

It was a tough change but I was trying to get outside the box.

This version of the mock also gives us a better complement to Slaton, I think.
Cushing played a full season as a stand up "elephant" DE. He played a full season as a hybrid. He played all 3 downs while at USC. He has the ability and size to do so in the NFL and he did it at USC. Sometimes it just seems that people spew stuff that they think could be true.