View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Post-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I don't see how Clay Matthews' stock can simultaneously be continuing to rise AND he will last to 46. Not possible.

In fact, I'm almost certain he'll get picked before Cushing... probably before 15. Houston's not the only fanbase and team who is thought to be interested in him.

I think there's a very good chance that 1 - he won't be there at 15, and 2 - if he is, the Texans won't be able to trade down and still get him. It's not like us fans are making the hype up - his stock is soaring - and he hasn't even had his pro day yet.
I don' really get that sense around the country. Houston is a Matthews stronghold. his value does not hold up in the 1st rd. mid second rd is about right based off one season, surrounded by weapons in an elite defense with an excellent post season. I'm not going to reach for favorites even though I would love to see him wearing a Texan uniform

fyi you think he is going ahead of Cushing while I think his stock has risen from a 3rd rd. pick so consider this a compromise

Last edited by beerlover; 03-14-2009 at 06:43 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote