View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Pencil Neck's First Ever Texan's Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I like your first mock better. Cushing, Hood & Sidbury would be a better first three rounds for the Texans. I don't really have a problem with drafting Ayers @ 15 but first rounders are supposed to start. Do you start him ahead of Smith who the Texans just paid a ton of cash to? Sidbury in the 3rd would be a better pick since he won't be expected to start right away, and would be good depth at DE.
My problem with Cushing is his injury history. We're going to end up with Adibi, Diles, and Cushing if we go that way and there's a good possibility they all end up injured and off the field. Cushing is also considered an LB that's going to have to pulled out in passing situations. He was pulled in passing situations at USC so you've got to expect he comes off the field on passing downs in the NFL.

And although I'd prefer an every down starter with the 15th pick, Ayers could be the best value at that pick because he may give us the most production. And when you consider, that teams can spend up to 50% of the time in some sort of pass defense, that means that Ayers could see the field more than Cushing.

It was a tough change but I was trying to get outside the box.

This version of the mock also gives us a better complement to Slaton, I think.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote