Re: The Pencil Neck's First Ever Texan's Mock
Well, I was watching Path to the Draft, and something that Mayock said made me re-evaluate some things. How about this:
15 - Robert Ayers, DE. According to Mayock, this kid is really good and can be our rusher. Mayock has him rated 12. Although I wasn't expecting us to draft DE in the first round with the Smith signing, if this guy is that highly rated, I'd love taking him in this position more than I like taking the LB's.
46 - Ziggy Hood, DT. I had a choice here between Hood and Rashad Johnson and I was very much tempted to go Johnson. But I'm going to try to fix our DL once and for all.
77 - Andre Brown, RB. I almost went Sherrod Martin here. But I'm worried about picking up the RB I want later in the draft so I pull the trigger on Slaton's Complement here.
108. Curtis Taylor, FS. Eugene Wilson's eventual successor. I was also considering Trevor Canfield, G, to strengthen the interior line.
118. Cornelius Lewis, G. Has some technique issues and is very raw. I read one report that said he should be gone by the 2nd-3rd round but no one else has him rated that high. Should take Brisiel's spot and could start for us. Could be Urbik if he drops.
144. Jarret Dillard, WR - Watch out JJ.
175. Chip Harris, SS. Also thought about T.J. Lange, G. Dropped Quan Cosby from this spot because I changed 144 to Dillard.
206. Jordan Scott, RB. Nuff said.