Thread: Texans Mock
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009   #24
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Is that not why they have training camp and OTA's? You seem caught up in the numbers drafted, yet Kubes always talks about adding picks and then sorting it out on the field. If you like other guys or think I went too far in trading down to get extra picks that is your opinion and you can just say so.

I could see for example Cedric Peerman beating out Moats and Gartrell Johnson winning a spot with Slaton and Peerman as only Slaton has guaranteed job imo. So there are 2 more spots. Aaron Kelly could beat out David Anderson for WR. It is possible and JJ could get cut. Okam could get cut allowing Brace that spot. I can see one of the CBs going such as Petey or even Molden. The latter is a coach's darling but may not be what they expected. Is it possible that Nading goes? Robert Ayers slides in. I am not saying all will be on roster, but there are few guarantees anyway.
I thought you'd say something like that. the reality is you've got fifty-three slots. And when you consider the cap.....there are certain non starters who are untouchable because of the value of their cap and their efficency on the feild. Yeah they bring in a lot of free agents... but there are a core of players on this team....who will have to have some pretty bad misfortune to get cut. And I'm telling you they ain't got eight slots no more....and they aren't going to hide third and forth round guys on the PS. and Moats is one of those efficent guys. He ain't going anywhere....try again.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-12-2009 at 06:58 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote