View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Lou's First Ever Texans Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
This years draft just doesn't have that many elite players but it has great depth of good players down to the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Honestly do you want to draft a backup player in the 1st round? We need starters in the first 3 rounds.
and that is why....you go after one.....even though he isn't perfect.....with the fifteen. You do not gamble on something as fragile as our starting OLBs. What is it that you do not under stand ?...both guys are coming off an injury. Adibi missed eight gakes....Diles four. Your back ups are grey beards who are just that ,cap fiendly back ups. They try hard...work hard, but they are athletically limited.

He isn't in my estimation a back up player. What he is is a 4.65 guy who runs side line to side line....knows how to bull rush and defeat bigger line man....and can cover in space. I believe he beats out Adibi by October. They'll rotate him until they are sure....then make a move. He has a pass rush. If he gives us six....that would be fine. I mean if we're talking about a will here....the only one beter would be Curry.

Well Einstien he isn't going to play DE @ 240....in either scheme. Now is he ? At 4.65 he is one of he few guys on the board who has any hope of running with Chris Johnson. And although it is true that Adibi could...the whole point of the Mathews pick is you are never going to know which game(s) Adibi can and can't go. So would Mathews be worth the pick to you if you were certain he could help you sweep the titans ? Or would be able to run down MJD and make a sure tackle on the guy ? Just wanna know where your maddness ends at ? So you are perfectly fine passing up the two guys in the first who give us the best hope in the worst case OLB scenario and....taking a Coner Barwin.....and hope for the best. Or are you saying.....you're going to live with the injury history of the two starters and just hope for the best ? Draft a day two guy and groom him up for 2010 ?

Inquireing minds wish to know ?

Sounds to me like we've heard that tune before.....Pitts at LT, Okoye last year.....Ahmen Green last year. With our history and with the history of our two starters at OLB.... it's prety stupid not to back that up with the best player you can get your hands on....they didn't blow out the cap for
Carlos Danby.....here you are. What I saw in the Oakland game, the last thing they should want is one of the back ups currnetly on the roster chasing after MJD or Chris Johnson. I'd be happy with Barwin or Sidbury in the third round.....But I would never expect either one of them to come in and have sucess as a day one starter.. If that was the way things broke and Mathews was our starter....he would not only handle it . He would excell at it and make a veteran expendable. IMHO.

They must, get faster in the back seven...and also improve thier pass rush. That is key for this club. They are not moving Mario.....so that kils all of the 3-4 tweeners with a first step. They're not going to draft DBs....they have tied up time and cap already with who they've got. The only thing left which accompishes both goals..is draft a LB with pass rushing skills.....and rotate him in. You know of someone on the second day who can do both.....and be a starter day one....please do enlighten us all.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-12-2009 at 06:33 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote