View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Lou's First Ever Texans Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Where did you get that from ? If they take him he'll be your primary back up for both OLB slots. So who in your mind would the will be covering if he is on the open side of the formation ? No one is going to be perfect at the fifteen.
I know your not suggesting that we move up an go get Curry....who is perfect. Everyone else has warts.
Matthews played the OLB/DE in college, he rushed the QB. He'd be good for a 3-4 team to play that position but he's never been a 4-3 SLB. He's never played in coverage of TE's or RB's, or taken on lead blockers to stuff the run on the strongside. I agree no one is perfect at #15, there just isn't any great value at that position this year. I'd love to have Curry, wouldn't that be sweet, but he'll be long gone by the time we pick. The second best SLB is Cushing, I'm not 100% sold on him either but at least he played the SLB position in college in a 3-4, he's played the strongside in pass coverage and run stuffing. In every player evaluation I've read and heard he's considered the second best SLB behind Curry, and coverage is what he's best at as well as stuffing the run. I know everyone has warts coming out of college unless your in the top 3. This years draft just doesn't have that many elite players but it has great depth of good players down to the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Honestly do you want to draft a backup player in the 1st round? We need starters in the first 3 rounds.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 03-11-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote