View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009   #362
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

With the 38th pick the Cincinati Bengals selct Clint Sintim.

If fixing the offensive line is job 1 for the Bengals this offseason, fixing the pass rush is job 1a. The Bengals had just 17 sacks last season, tied with the Browns for second-fewest in the league. Adding Sintim next to Keith Rivers not only bolsters an average LB group but also improves their ability to rush the passer. Sintim led the entire country in linebacker sacks as a senior with eleven.

Players considered here were

Robert Ayers - but with about $60 million invested in two current defensive ends, Antwan Odom and Robert Geathers, plus former third-round pick Frostee Rucker in the fold, I have to get my sacks from somewhere else.

Ron Brace - Just felt this was to high for him.

Max Unger - Center Eric Ghiacuic consistently struggled against top-tier defensive linemen, is not expected to return and his backup is converted guard Dan Santucci, a seventh-round pick in 2007. Just felt that I could get a quality C later in the draft.