View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Shamockery

If Smith deemed Jerry to be BPA, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I have serveral competing thoughts when it comes to our DL and Jerry.

1. I'd love a NT like Raji that can stop the run AND penetrate into the backfield. Pipedream yes.
2. With Kollar as the new DL coach, I feel like he may be able to get more out of our players in his "style" of play. I do actually like the rotation of our DL players as it is now.
3. With #2 said, I can see Smith obviously going with a "D" player to help Kollar and Bush out and succeed. If Kollar says the kids great, I don't see why he can't be the pick. We all know how important our DL is to our current regime.
4. I think Jerry's run stopping ability is underrated by most of the people on the internet. He gets compared to Amobi a lot, with good reason...they are similar, but they are not the exact same. If we're sending our DL every single time into the backfield: Mario, Amobi, Jerry... sheesh, that's going to be tough for the OL.
5. I read one scout's thoughts that I think Jerry has been misused in college. That he could actually be better if he slimmed down some and became a DE in the pros.
6. At least having this versatility on our team could be a good thing. We would be able to rotate guys in and out constantly or even just shuffle them along the line to create mismatches depending on opponents and the situation.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote