View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Shamockery

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
#8 Jacksonville - Andre Smith, LT/OG they will use him to fill the void left by Barnes, this would signal that Rio wants to ball control with running game as feature weapon, so they go LT in 1st then maybe a RB like Donald Brown in the 2nd to replace Fred Jones.

#15 Houston - Larry English, DE/SLB Texans now have luxury to develop what seems to be a very talented natural pass rusher who has enough length combined with smooth fluid hips to back peddle in coverage from SLB position. I know people here love Mathews & thats fine, but English flashes tremedous upside just needs to work hard, we'll see if he gets a personel invite to come workout @ Relient, just don't be surprised if he does.

#27 Indianapolis - Brian Robiskie, WR Very impressed with this young man, very intelligent should hit if off great with Manning who runs great routes has long speed & creates seperation.

#30 Tennessee - Evander Hood, DT Ascending inside presence with ability to pressure the QB. strong for his size 6-3 300 & very cat like quick with high motor. could also go WR but this tackle class does not have much depth so unless the can pick up somebody in free agnecy they could be forced to address DT need early.
Football Draft Analysis.com

Quote:
8) Jacksonville Jaguars - *Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
The Jaguars really need a new LT to replace Khalif Barnes, so I think Smith gets
selected here. I know that his combine week didn't go as planned, but let's not
forget just how good this kid is.
honestly, this pick makes more sense than my own @ least from a value standpoint
Quote:
15) Houston Texans - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss
If the Texans are able to land Jerry here, they'd have one of the best starting
DT tandems in the NFL by pairing him with Okoye. Jerry plays with great
functional strength and knows how to get into the backfield.
Bill Polian discussed WR @ combine & gave glowing review of Brian Robiskie, just saying.
Quote:
27) Indianapolis Colts - *Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
The Colts need to find an eventual replacement for all-everything Marvin
Harrison. DHB did not post 1st-Round numbers in college, but the kid has track
speed and it was clear at the combine.
I hope they go WR instead of defense from a Texan standpoint.
Quote:
30) Tennessee Titans - Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
Hood has increased his stock as much as an DT out there this off season.
Blessed with great strength and drive, this kid could help fill the void left by
Haynesworth. Even though they signed Jovan Haye, I still think a DT works
here.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote