View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009   #270
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

This was a difficult choice, despite the fact that the Ravens need corners BADLY, even after the (questionable) signing of Domonique Foxworth.

I'd love to break character for this team and draft for offense, and DHB would be a great pick for all the obvious reasons... I also have to say that I'm tempted to take Aaron Maybin here, but in the end - not only does the desperation for a cornerback win the battle - but I got the guy I wanted (unless Vontae would have continued to slide).

With the 26th pick in the 2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest

Yeah, he's undersized - but this guy's a born winner, fierce competitor, and a playmaker. His attitude and tenacity are perfect fits for that nasty Baltimore defense... assuming they can keep their defensive "culture" going after the loss of Rex Ryan.

www.HoustonDiehards.com