View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YoungTexanFan's newest projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
super job as always, ytf.

I like the direction & agree with need assesments.

However, Cushing is not my cup of tea. watched alot of USC games & he's never stood out to me as a next level impact player not to mention he gets nicked up alot. sure he looks like a superstar working out & runs with the best of em but it doesn't transfer to games. If I had to select a player @ #15 (could not trade out) I would rather select Peria Jerry. Leadership, accountability, toughness & consistency is what makes or breaks NFL prospects these are all question marks I have in regards to Cushing.

At RB I think its very possible Shonn Greene slips into the 3rd if not Jennings. Its very important to use a higher value pick on one because the Texans are going to need him to produce right away. the big bruising inside presence to compliment Steve needs to be as high quality a player & person as is Steve himself, thats how they share the load/carrys.

like addressing OL in 4th/5th. I would opt for a OC instead however.

CB Parson sounds good, could be a very astute selection. I like Ellis Lankster, West Virginia.

Kaluka Maiava would be interesting to see in a Texans uniform, seems like a high motor guy would contribute on special teams.

Austin Collie could be a steal, does he run good routes & get seperation, like Brandon Tate?

Thanks. It's important to remember that Cushing played next to 3 other NFL linebackers, 2 of which are potential first rounders. He does get nicked up a little, but if we are looking for a LB that can rush the passer, it has to be Cushing. I like Curry, but he will be gone. I like Maualuga, but Cushing is a better fit for what we have. Maiava is actually my favorite USC linebacker this year.

As for Collie, he gets good separation, but that is mostly due to him vs. a lesser opponent. His routes aren't bad, but nothing special. Pretty rough around the edges, like many prospects. He also should have stayed for his senior season. I like Tate, though I liked him a lot more pre-knee injury. I wish Tate was like 2 inches taller; I debated putting Tate in the 5th round for us.

Shonn Green is falling like a rock. Avoid. He's got weight issues, is going to be 27 for his first NFL snap. He apparently hasn't been showing well in interviews either. If you think about it, only the elite RBs produce when they get to 29-31. Drafting a guy at 27 at that position is a major risk.

I would love to have Jennings, I just think his stock is too hot for us to get an honest chance. He is the idea power back. To be honest, I'm not too thrilled with any of the others, including Johnson.