Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. I like the Cushing pick, I'm not totally sold on this guy but he fits one of our biggest needs and the type of player we're looking for our system.
2. I'd prefer Patrick Chung but Michael Hamlin is my second pick for SS and I really like it.
3. I'd spend this pick on a starting G/C, IMO it's to early to be spending picks on backups.
4. I'd love to have Andy Levitre but he's a 2nd round talent, he'll be gone by the 4th easily.
4. I like Gartrell Johnson as a power back but I don't think that he has the quickness to hit the hole, reminds me of Ron Dayne, strong but slow.
5,6, and 7. I don't know anything about these guys but I like what I read about Mark Parson.
Overall I like your mock, fills several big holes with starter level talent.
I appreciate the feedback.
As for Sidbury, he won't be an instant starter. He has the physical potential to be there. He fills a need of situational pass-rusher with a very good frame to develop. He can contribute now, as grow into the starting role down the road.
I worried about the Johnson pick as well. He's not fast, and he's not explosive. I was looking for a big body who was a tough inside runner and who could catch out in the flats. I also had interest in Lucky, P.J. Hill, and the RB from New Mexico (or state?).
Levitre is not a 2nd round talent IMO. He has his limitations as noted above. He is moving inside to a new spot, and while he has played at OG before, most of his experience is at OT. He isn't the best OG, and he isn't an OT. 4th round is about right. Duke Robinson will be lucky to go in the early second right now, and he is an All-Pro waiting to happen.