View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YoungTexanFan's newest projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Cushing: I'm not really sold on him, or the need for a linebacker in the first. We have Adibi, Diles, and Bentley who I think can all be starters. I think Cushing is being over hyped and is a fringe first rounder. He's one of those guys who impresses at first glance, but the impression doesn't last.

Hamlin: Love this guy. If he ran .1 faster in the 40 people would be falling all over themselves to take him in the first. He's just the sort of playmaking SS this defense has lacked since ... well ever. Most of the talk I've heard/read about him is that he's going to go in the 3rd, but I wouldn't be unhappy with spending a 2nd to get him.

Sidbury: If he is still there in the 3rd the Texans should think long and hard about picking him up. He's a talented guy who can contribute as a situational pass rusher right away. I don't know if he will ever be starting material, but for a 3rd a pass rush threat is pretty good value. His size at 6023 may have him sliding, and available when we pick.

Andy Levitre: I'm not a big Levitre fan. He's kind of slow and has short arms for an O-lineman. His technique is kind of sloppy to boot.

Gartrell Johnson: One of several RBs in this range I'd be happy with.

Haven't paid much attention to the later rounds yet. It's a decent top 5, but maybe not the best value where you have them going.
As for our current OLB's:
Diles - Coming off injury and had only seen limited time as a starter. I don't see any reason to feel secure about him starting at this point.
Adibi - I have hope for him as he has speed that we lack. With that said, he had some serious trouble even seeing the field this year and his small frame doesn't lend well to durability. He's no sure bet by any means.
Bentley - He played admirably when he was inserted this year, but if you are feeling warm and fuzzy about him as our full-time starter, then I guess we just seem things differently.

Cushing is as instinctive as a LB as you will find this year. He has all the physical tools you could want and has been a top level LB when healthy. Cushing is physically ready to play in the NFL from day one, and he brings something we don't really have with our LB's: athleticism.

Levitre isn't the most athletic. He has somewhat stubby arms and that is one of the reasons he will be an OG in the NFL instead of the OT he played at OSU. He's not Duke Robinson (more of a LG anyway) or an Unger/Mack, but he is a legitimate NFL OG. His technique isn't bad at all, especially if you project him inside to OG.

I just feel that Hamlin is going to move up the board at some point, and I feel that he is a second round talent.