View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009   #220
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

With the 20th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions Select:

Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

I Really considered going defense here, but with the way tackles are flying off the board I needed to get a top 5 tackle to protect my investment in Stafford. Really good defenders seem to be available in the 2nd round anyways.

Eben is a 6'6" 310 lbs offensive tackle who is as good as Jason Smith at pass protection. Once he locks onto a defender, the battle is over. He will need to work on his run blocking but with good coaching could turn into a pro-bowl left tackle.

I wanted to beef up the defense but I have to adjust to the way the draft is going. Besides, defenders are instant upgrades, while offensive players usually have a harder learning curve. So it makes sense to get the offense going first.

Last edited by Blake; 03-07-2009 at 09:01 PM.