Thread: Walter Mock
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
You do realize the WILL LB is higher on the food chain then the SAM LB? So saying that Matthews is a WILL is actually saying his position is the higher desired position.

Now why is the WILL higher desired than the SAM? Because the SAM does not play in the nickle package, and teams play the nickle almost 50% of the defensive plays. An offense can scheme a SAM off the field, by going 3 wide and then your 1st round pick is on the bench watching.

So I say Matthews being able to play the WILL is a good thing. Also this team has not had a true WILL LB since we have gone to the 4-3, so it's time to draft one.
That may be true but if the Lions take Curry I'd bet you that Curry at SLB will be in on nickel packages. He and Ernie Sims both will be their nickel backers. Kind of scary if you ask me.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote