View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009   #150
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

With the 15th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans Select:

Brian Cushing OLB USC

The pick was Malcolm Jenkins. Before PencilNeck picked him up I just knew he was going to fall into our laps. I had to take some time after that and rethink my choice. The obvious scenario for the real draft was to trade down, but my hands are tied there. BTW, I was jacking with everyone about Sanchez! Figured it would be an early April Fool's.

Anyways, my choice was only defense. It's the weakest part of our team and is obviously still trying to be molded. I want toughness, killer instinct and someone that bleeds the game. I looked at the highlights again for Peria Jerry, Brian Cushing, Vontae Davis, James Laurinaitis and Larry English. Cushing stood out the most. He grinds and always flys to the ball. He can play off the edge, cover a TE or come up and blow up an OL. The only bad thing it that there are so many studs on the USC defense that you kind of wonder what role he plays. He also dodges some blocks but is quick enough to recover and make the play.

At the end of the day, I wanted not just defense, but someone that bleeds a defensive mentality. Cushing is the one. English and Jerry were in a close 2nd. V Davis is a little raw and we already have some projects at db.

Let the booing start!!!