View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Shamockery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
English is a guy that interests me. I absolutely love his explosion and closing speed. Like all the other guys, I don't know where he fits in at DE or LB and in what scheme. How did he do during the LB drills at the Combine? I would really really like a guy that could start at SLB for us and if needed move to the DE spot on passing downs...sliding A. Smith inside. I think that would be the best bang for our buck and fill 2 needs with one player. Can English do this?
interesting question? could English be to Antonio Smith what Karlos Dansby was to him in Arizona?

I think the package fits but alternate roles. Dansby is leaner & excellent in coverage. remember when he came out of Auburn typical SEC type very athletic plays hungry. English comes from lesser competition & dominates it @ DE with similar hunger for sacks & game breaking defensive stops. watching him practice & in drills he makes instinctive moves using footwork, planting w/ability to change direction, very fluid hips that can drop & stay low keeping his weight centered & balanced. so to me at least all the attributes needed to project to OLB in a 4-3 package. we all talk of the really good ones who look the part, DeMeco, Willis, Mayo now Curry. the only difference between English & all these great LB's is his strength to post & go low inside from a three point stance. to me thats added value, but heck what do I know?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote