View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009   #98
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Per TexansSeminole PM:

With the #11 pick in the NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select :

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

This was both a need and a value selection.

The Bills need more weapons in the passing game. The need is more pressing than some seem to realize. Their top 3 receivers for the last 2 years have been Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and Roscoe Parrish. I would argue that none of these guys are #1 receiver material, even though Lee Evans is a talented receiver.

Crabtree can be the Bills #1 receiver for the future, and Lee Evans can move to a #2 receiver role. Roscoe Parrish has always been a slot type of receiver, and Josh Reed is good depth as a backup wideout who specializes as a possession receiver.

I was actually targeting Jeremy Maclin with this pick, but Crabtree fell right into my lap.