View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Goat's 3 round March Mock

As I've stated, I'm not a fan of Wells. If he was the selection, I would be highly disappointed but that would not change the fact I'd want him and the Texans to succeed.

With the signing of DE Smith, I see RB pushed up in early interest. I agree with goat that it is a need. How big of a need is for us to speculate.

I figure, Kubiak likes having a working running game. I suspect we'll run more next year than we did in the past. If our defense gets better, our offense will be on the field more, hopefully this translate into a better T.O.P. which is already good, more scoring and playing from ahead. This means running more late in the game.

We rushed the ball 432 (27 rpg) times last year. Slaton got 268 (16.75 p/g) of those carries, Green had 74 (4.625pg), Schaub had 31 (1.9pg), Moats with 26, Taylor with 14, Rosenfels with 11, WRs with 4, FBs with 3, and the TURK with 1!

My assumptions are if we get an good RB to team with Slaton. He will get apprx. 10 rushers per game while Slaton gets 15. I can see Slaton being the starter and getting the bulk early on in the season. May need some rest, throw in the new guy as a starter for the game, keep their legs fresh. I think the OL needs to hold their ground better in the RZ and I wouldn't be against using the FB more in those situations. If we get another back like Slaton (that can actually shoulder the load), I'd like the FB used more in short yardage situations.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote