View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Post-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan33 View Post
Victor "Macho" Harris is an ok corner I watched the combine and his hips were not fluid out of his brakes he didnt go get the ball at its highest point which is critical for someone that is 5'11 187 and at that weight his sub 4.7 forty wont cut it....

Jarrett Dillard would be a nice 5th rounder... to compare him to Wes Welker is a LITTLE extreme. I mean the guy came from rice sure he caught alot of tds but who was he playing?
One of us need to rewatch the combine because I remember him being very good at catching the ball at its highest point. You mention his slow 40 but did you notice his 20 yard shuttle? 3.98 thats better than Malcom Jenkins or Vonte Davis. Dont be fooled by near meaningless combine numbers. Besides are you judging the guy just from the combine? Have you seen him play? I have and the guy is a playmaker and has versatility to play several positions. Take a look at this quote. Its not about Harris can you guess who?

"In what is certainly not a coincidence, ______was isolated once again today on wide receivers and running backs in pass routes. And like the times before he provided tight coverage, jumping a few routes and defending passes. As one NFL scout with the N.Y. Giants said, "He's not the fastest but he sure is around the football all the time. In our business sometimes we focus on how they got there and not the fact that they got there. When it comes down to it, being there is what its all about. And it sure seems like ______ is always there."

Sound familar? By the way the blanks were DeMeco Ryans the best second round pick weve ever had and one of best players on this team. Luckily for us there were alot of GMs out there that think like you.

Now about Jarret Dillard. And I didnt say he was going to be as productive as Welker. I said he would be our Wes Welker. As in he would have a similar role as Welker. He would be our clutch sure handed slot WR. Youre right about him not playing alot of good competition but when he did he played his best. He caught 9 for a 158 yards against Texas lst year. With his impressive vertical and great hands he could be a very good slot WR. In fact I would go as for as saying he is in the top 2 or 3 best hands in this draft. Having said all that I will concede that he more likely will go in the 4th.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote