View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Two round mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's a great mock. Lot of picks I like.

I would be pleased with a draft like Cushing/McCoy. To be honest, I like Donald Brown better and would prefer him. But hell you did good.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Pretty solid though, since you can't really mock trades.
Yeah, that's the main reason I don't do trades. Who would have guessed all the trades in the first round that Baltimore made last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Cushing in the 1st is good but give us Chung in the 2nd, we don't need a starting RB, we need a backup that'll probably be drafted in the 4th or 5th round.
In the NFL you need two good RB's and if Lesean Mccoy fell all the way to our 2nd it would be hard to pass him up. He could easily be drafted in the first round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
LaSean McCoy doesn't have the speed that LaDainian Tomlinson has....but he has great Field vision. And he runs heavy. I'm going to be surprised if he gets by teams looking of a bell cow back. Sproles is a great weapon. But he isn't a three hundred touch a year back. You got to figure McCoy is on the bolts radar.

Seven to ten touches a game that's what we're looking for in a back up running back. Keep SS fresh for the December run. Unless of course you're posting that every word coming out of Kubiak's lips about SS was a lie at the end of the year ? I believe SS is the Texans guy. And they are not going to interfere with nothing that has the guy working for his big pay day. He is motivated enough working under a third round contract. From what I saw, he doesn't need to be pushed.
Having Tomlinson under contract & tagging Sproles the chargers have bigger worries than RB in the first this year, and they don't have a 2nd rounder.

Again you need two good RB's in this league... if Mccoy fell to our second it would be hard to pass him up. Drafting Mccoy in the second doesn't make him the starter it just means we have a good running-back to step in if anything happens to Slaton.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote