View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009   #24
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Drew Stanton, what do you think??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I believe Detroit will go Jason Smith or Curry at #1. Just to good of value to pass up.

this board above all others should know what happens when you add a stud QB before you have a base, a foundation ready for him. 2010 class is looking to be rich with prospects. And I don't think anyone is suggesting that by passing on Mathew Stanford it's going to make one bit of difference where Detroit will finish in '09 or 2010. According to Walter's football we're all crazy for thinking like this.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftlinebackers.php

History has shown that the two teams who have taken a linebacker this early have drafted a disaster. I don't think Curry is a disaster. I do believe there are Zack Dilles out there. And I understand the value in not over paying for linebackers. If the process means anything at all, game film, production, combine numbers, the reach this year might just be putting Stanford behind that offensive line, rather than adding another stud to go along with Ernie Simms. In other words taking the sixth rated player over the #1 rated player. Going to have to pay somebody seventy million. I believe Curry hits the ground running and gives you a very healthy return on the seventy million. I believe the fans in Detroit are frustrated enough. Watching another high draft pick not playing, holding a clip board for half the season would be bit much to ask of them. Give them some hope. All oars rowing in the same direction.

I believe Curry is the finest linebacker prospect since Brain Urlacker. How much has Urlakcer ment to Chicago ?
I know I'd spend money to watch Curry play.

http://www.nfl.com/players/erniesims...e?id=SIM696501

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-03-2009 at 01:47 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote