View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 241209 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Lance Z's mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I cant speak for LZ but I think what what he means is that St. Louis is in all likelyhood going OT and after the combine Smith is a lock to be the first one taken. If so he is right IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I think sometimes a franchise gets into a situation where they are in desperate need of a "face". A clean start. In the NFL a QB represents that more often than not. Houston did it. Atlanta did it last year when many thought they had more pressing needs or guys better rated. It happens all the time.

I think Lance see's Detroit in that kind of situation. Therefore, the #1 guy falls to #2.
Yeah, I can think of plenty of reasons why it would shake out like LZ has it, but when LZ says, "Could the Lions use a LT like Jason Smith? Yes. Is he another Orlando Pace who was drafted with the first overall pick? No", then it makes me think he's going down a different line of reasoning altogether.