View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Shamockery

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
actually your comments prove my point, "it should be easy but its not". its half frustration half being mocked out. its all just so silly yet here we are, back day after day like sheep to slaughter, glutteonous for punishment.

so here I go again defending the indefenseable (nobody knows for sure what will happen).

The combination of Andre Smith & Donald Brown would give Jacksonville an excellent 1-2 punch with Maruice Jones Drew as the change of pace. Del Rio want to dominate the LOS & pound the ball inside to open up the outside. I think this is far better than "worst case scenario for them".

Not many people have seen Larry English play but he is quietly become possibly the best pass rushing DE in the draft with the athletic abiltiy to cover & change directions to pursue. a very exciting, ascending talent that needs development time afforded with the signing of Antonio Smith. I also really like Sidbury, now projected in the 2nd.

I don't care or look to much at the rankings, I watch film & how players react under pressure in game situations or important workout interviews like the combine. Indy always seems a little different in their selections if you've noticed they really place a higher level on intelligence & character. I would assume alot of that is required to play with Manning but they've had outstanding results with players not thought 1st day or 1st rd. picks just look at Kelvin Hayden #60th pick in 05 just resigned to a big contract (not sure if it was more than the Texans offered Dunta, don't know but it raised awareness around the league). Bob Sanders 2nd rd. pick in 04 not too shabby....or more recently Joseph Addai #30 06 Anthony Gonzalez #32 07.

Ziggy Hood is pretty interesting too & probably the next DT off the board after Peria Jerry. really like his athletic first step, good use of hands, strong & can play mulitple positions which we all know to well needed in the 4-3. they must address losing Haynesworth early otherwise face the very early decline of a premier defense, something Jeff Fisher is famous for-

Actually I could see the Jags drafting Raji if available. Their D hasnt been the same since they traded Marcus Stroud.

English- I really have liked English for awhile now but I dont want to draft anyone in the first round (at 15) that isnt going to start right away. If we are going to go that route then lets trade down and get an extra pick.

I agree that Indy has their own way of drafting. Certain players in this draft seem like good fits to me. Chase Cofman TE, James Casey TE, Jarret Dillard WR, Max Unger C/G and Brian Robiskie WR Off the top of my head.

I cant imagine Tennessee not going WR with so many good ones available (assumption) with their pick. This really is a good WR group and eventually they have to add some good ones to their roster. Of course I said that last year to.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote