View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Post-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Yeah I think Maybin would be a good fit as a 4-3 OLB for the Texans, but that's just my opinion.
I would be hesitant to use a 1st round pick on him to play 4-3 OLB. He played DE his entire college career and if he played 3-4 OLB he would still be a pass rusher. But he would no longer be a pass rusher as a 4-3 OLB he would just be a LB.

Since he has never played that position and has always been a pass rusher I would hesitate to draft him that way. He has never had coverage responsibilties and would have to learn. He would also have to change his defensive mentality as he would not be rushing the passer on every play.

He could be great with that change and he could also bust. As a 4-3 team I would rather we draft him as a DE.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote