View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Post-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm surprised you have us going Chung with Ayers still on the board.

Of the teams I've done at least a little research on...

The Saints have issues on their defense but I don't think DE is their big need. They're looking at corner (especially if they don't sign Bartell) and outside linebacker.

That first pick you have for the Giants is a definite possibility but after that, I think you're off. They're looking at DE (which you covered) and OLB (I mean, they had Danny Clark starting last year) but they're also going to target a WR early. They're losing Toomer and who knows what's up with Burress. With their franchising of Jacobs, I don't think they're going with another tailback before the 4th or 5th.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they went Connor Barwin with their first pick and then the best WR with their second. With the way your mock was going, I would have expected them to go Robiskie.
Honestly, I cheated with our pick. I expected the Smith signing to happen so I passed on Ayers and went with Chung.

With the Saints it was either reach for D.J. Moore or take the best defensive player available. DE isn't their biggest need on defense, but they really only have three or four players on defense that aren't replaceable.

Robiskie was in play for the pick in the second round, and I think you make a good point. I probably should have gone with him there.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote