View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Non Thought Through Instinctive Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like that it's different, but I have a few things:

Maclin before Crabtree? I guess it could happen but it would certainly be a surprise on draft day.

Jerry at 8? I certainly don't have him rated that high but if you've seen him rated that high somewhere then I can't fault you for the logic of the pick.

I had Moreno to San Diego a while ago, but with them tagging Sproles I just don't see it happening unless they unload LT.

I don't have Brace anywhere near the first round but the pick would make sense for a team that just lost their big time run stuffer.

Good stuff, especially considering the time frame.
Thanks!
Yeah I think with Crabtree on the fence about running and Maclin running, some teams might be wary about Crabtree. They would be foolish to be, but I can see it happening.

I don't like Jerry at 8 but if they like him, they will take him right here. Remember this is the same team that thought that Derrick Harvey was worth the #8 pick. They also thought Matt Jones was worth a first round draft grade even though almost everyone else thought he was a 3rd rounder at best. Jax is a franchise that will take the player they like even if it sounds a bit odd. I think Perry is a guy they like and I could see them taking him here.

One of the problems with the 30 second clock is that you forget certain things. One of those was that SD tagged Sproles. I completely forgot that, so yeah had I remembered, they would not have taken Moreno. They likley would have taken Cushing and put him on Merriman's other side. Yikes!

Tennessee is in a tough spot in my draft. They could use a WR but there aren't any worthy of a choice. They reach on Brace here to shore up the Haynesworth position. They could go Smith, but it seemed that this was a bigger area of concern to them.

Thanks for the comments!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote