Wolf6151 post combine Texans mock.
1. Michael Johnson-DE, picking another D-lineman in the 1st round makes me a little nervous too but Johnson had decent production in college even though he only started for 1 yr. He's also got the height and frame that it shouldn't be to hard to add 20 lbs. while maintaning his speed and everything I read says he's got a great first step. He might take a year to learn but I think he can be great. There aren't very many 4-3 DE's in this draft and he the best of them.
2. Max Unger-G,C,T, from what I hear he can play every position on the line which should help us alot since we just cut Salaam and need an upgrade at RG. He might go in the 1st round but if he's not available then we take Andy Levitre-G.
3. Chip Vaughn-SS, hopefully still available but if not then take Michael Hamlin-SS. We need help at SS badly, TE's and RB's are killing us in the passing game.
4a. Rhett Bomar-QB, hopefully still available at this point, if not then Tom Brandstater in the 5th.
4b. Andre Brown-RB, he seems perfect for our system. He's got size and quicknes where as Gartrell Johnson only has size and power but I think he lacks the quickness to make one cut and hit the hole. Hopefully Brown is still available but he had a great Senior Bowl and Combine so he might have moved up to the 3rd round. If so the pick is James Davis-RB.
5. DeAndre Levy-OLB, I'm not real impressed with any of the OLB's this year to play SLB in our 4-3 system but at this point in the draft he seems to be the best of what's available. We might address this position in FA.
6. C.J. Spillman-FS or Darcel McBath-FS, both have good speed, will back up Eugene Wilson, and should play well on special teams with tackling ability and speed. We also need depth at S since Will Demps is gone.
7. BPA, best punter available. At least we wouldn't be wasting the pick on someone who won't make the team or will wind up on the practice squad.
Only position not addressed here is TE and I think we should be able to pick up a blocking TE in FA relatively easily.