Thread: Carr=McNair
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004   #52
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that's understood. A few of us were just kicking around the QB rating system, fwiw, not that it's a bottom line indicator of anything in the big picture.

Look at all of Fran Tarkenton and Warren Moon's stats (great careers and a million yards passing but no rings between them) and compare that with a guy like Tom Brady. After watching football for many years, I'll take a guy like that, i.e., capable leader, capable QB, working in a system that fits their strengths and limitations, over a stats monster any day.

But, certain stats are indicators of success. I wonder if there's been a QB in recent history who's taken their team to a conference championship while throwing more int's than td's or by completing less than x % of their pass attemts...

Last edited by aj.; 06-29-2004 at 06:45 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote