View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Beerlover Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
The Texans achieved this with a 6th rd. pick (traded to Denver for the rights to Chris Myers).
If you look at how Denver constructs it's OL, at least in the time Shanahan & Kubiak were there, you'd notice there weren't many 1st round tackles picks who stayed around for very long.

Myers didn't start a game his first two seasons, then he starts all 16 games in 2007, before being traded to us.

They drafted Greg Foster in the first round of 2003. He never made it to the left side, then was traded to Detroit. Detroit also drafted Gosder in the first round last year. So I don't think they'll be going OL..... They have got to go heavy on Defense this year. FA, draft... they've got to sell out on defense.

But anyway, I think, like you do beerlover, Kubiak is satisfied with what he has on the OL. Brown, Pitts, Meyers, Briesel, Winston, Daniels....... and what he has backing them up...... Salaam(may be his last season, if he makes the team), Studdard, White, Butler & Dressen. Then there's no telling who is being developed on the practice squad.

I like us taking a LB.... to me, that would make the most sense. LB, is our weekest position. IMHO, then cornerback, then Running back, then DT.

Also, put me in the crowd that says no way the first 4 picks won't be OL.