View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
not sure its a valid angle here or not? but the #1 overall pick, for now owned by Detroit, will have tremendous expectations from its football team & Lion fans given Detroit historical inept football & hard economic times. Your going to pay that #1 pick millions, so Detorit needs more than just a great player they need a hero to embrace who displays toughness, leadership, hard work & dominance on the football field. seems like too much pressure to place on a rookie QB, can't remember Matt leading Georgia anywhere despite having some talent? Smart money should be to attain a player like Mario Williams (who would still be the dominant prospect in this draft as well) that can be dominant with very low risk, who has great character the team can build around & fans can be proud of

So I figured they needed someone exceptional to build around in the trenches, protect a future franchise QB & improve a poor running game. Andre Smith has failed to deliver, you just don't no-show on the biggest interview of your life letting teammates & fan base down. that's why this was a Pre-Combine Mock Draft, its a fluid ever changing process

Clearly Baylor OT Jason Smith has stepped up to the challenge & replaced Andre as the best OL in this draft. this change will be reflected in my post combine mock draft as greater emphasis must be placed on character & how that fits not only team needs & bpa measureables but also best interest in various NFL cities to make the best combination
So have you moved Smith ahead of Monroe also? I just havent seen enough of him to make a judgement. I do believe which ever one grades out th best should be the Lions pick. If they go QB they will be committing franchise suicide for the next few years.
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote