View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009   #31
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: nfl mock draft 1.0 off nfl.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well outside of Bullman's four....I'd say we could stand a little boost from You and McClain's tweener DT/RDE's. We have a choice here. Either we go get four elite DBs and eventually end up paying them ALL fourteen million per year guaranteed, try to out cover Manning's 2.5 second release. Or find the best first step guy we can get our hands on. Which would mean the extra pressure makes our Mid round and gray beard safety's more productive.

Like it or not, we're waiting on Okoye and Okam to grow up. Considering what the high end DTs are commanding in salary....I don't see Travis Johnson going any where any time soon. McClain keeps posting they'll take another DT and Safety...we'll see.

My other thought is they didn't release Weaver. Now we all saw it. Eye in the sky don't lie. There's got to be a reason Weaver is still on this roster. Weaver/Maybin in my mind, in spite of what McClain posts...in spite of what Kubiak prefers....makes a pretty potent rotation in 2009. I'd go to war with that.
Im all for a speed rusher, just not on the first round. I would rather draft an interior OL that I new would upgrade our OL (just an example) than spend our first on a player that is only in the game in certain situations. First round players need to contribute more than just on occasion. There should be similar type smaller, fast DE's in the second and third rounds.

Weaver is a confusing situation. Even if that were the plan we still need to find his replacement. I cant imagine he will be around after this year. Of coarse I have been saying that every since he got here.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote