View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009   #30
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: nfl mock draft 1.0 off nfl.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What makes any of you think Kubiack is okay with a small DE opposite Mario? Look at our current roster, all the DE's are in the Weaver mold. I think it is just a fan fantasy for us to have a Freeney type player on our team because of what he has done to us in the past. I just dont see us going with a smaller DE who isnt really good in run support early in the draft. I think some of you guys are forgetting how bad we are at stopping the run.
Well outside of Bullman's four....I'd say we could stand a little boost from You and McClain's tweener DT/RDE's. We have a choice here. Either we go get four elite DBs and eventually end up paying them ALL fourteen million per year guaranteed, try to out cover Manning's 2.5 second release. Or find the best first step guy we can get our hands on. Which would mean the extra pressure makes our Mid round and gray beard safety's more productive.

Like it or not, we're waiting on Okoye and Okam to grow up. Considering what the high end DTs are commanding in salary....I don't see Travis Johnson going any where any time soon. McClain keeps posting they'll take another DT and Safety...we'll see.

My other thought is they didn't release Weaver. Now we all saw it. Eye in the sky don't lie. There's got to be a reason Weaver is still on this roster. Weaver/Maybin in my mind, in spite of what McClain posts...in spite of what Kubiak prefers....makes a pretty potent rotation in 2009. I'd go to war with that.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-22-2009 at 02:05 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote