View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009   #26
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: nfl mock draft 1.0 off nfl.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think you're overemphasizing weight. First, can he play? If so, then it's a matter of putting him in a position to succeed.

I could make a list of NFL DEs of similar size to Maybin when they were drafted. But, what's the point? The Texans need to find players who can make plays and put them in a position to do so. Not bind their decisions by metric limitations.
Either I'm not a very good communicator or you're just not getting it.

A question was asked about whether or not Maybin could add more weight to his frame. I don't believe that he can. I just answered the question. That's all I did. I didn't add anything about how that affects him as a prospect.

I also believe that has nothing to do with him as a player.

If you read previous posts I have made then you will find that I think weight has very little importance at all. In the trenches it is all about leg strength, hip power, and leverage.

The common denominator between those things is size. Bigger guys are usually stronger. But that doesn't necessarily mean that a guy like Maybin can't be strong.

I have Maybin rated as my #3 DE. I list him as a DE because that is where I think he will play, regardless of how much he weighs.

I was just answering the question that was asked about his frame.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote