View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009   #9
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something is telling me...stadium won't be sold out this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
With the state of the current economy, I had been wondering if the Texans would have a sellout of the stadium again this year. Well, I am beginning to feel that we might not have a sold out stadium this year.

Normally, I have to wait until April to get the Texans to tell me if there are extra seats in my area and I have to initate the call. Each year, it seems that friends want to sit with us. To be fair, I do usually get a call in the late summer to see if I would like some extra seats. Anyway, the Texans contacted me before my payment was due to let me know this year that seats are available in my section if I want them...and to make matters worse, quite a few seats. I am also seeing quite a few people selling their season tickets on this board.

I realize that there is a lot of time between now and opening day to sell tickets, but do you think we are likely to see our 1st non-sold out stadium? What about the chance for our first blacked out home games?
I want to add a seat and was told where I'm sitting (547), there was nothing available.

Could we be looking at our 1st blackout?

A sign of what's to come may be how Astros tickets are selling, specifically Opening Day. Their tickets went on sale last Friday and normally, the past few years, Opening Day would be sold out within minutes. This year I had forgotten when the tickets went on sale and didn't get around to looking until the following Monday and there were still plenty of tickets available. And this is for the Cubs which usually draws big Cub crowds.

Now the Astros aren't expected to do anything this year so that's probably playing into it. Just sayin'.

I suspect this would be a good year to upgrade your seats, if you can still afford them. Luckily, thankfully, I'm in for another season.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote