View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do not agree and I do not think he should have his eligiblity restored.

The NCAA eligibility rules didn't change, the NFL rules changes. He was wronged, but by the NFL. The NFL should satisfy him (supplimental draft or suit), not college football.
Well, I confess I wasn't thinking about the NCAA rules which did not change. I would still disagree with the assertion that the NFL wronged him in any fashion. Their position was the same throughout. The trial judge ordered the NFL to let him in over the NFL's consistant objection and request for a stay so I don't see where the NFL has any reason to satisfy him. I can definitely see as a reasonable position that the NCAA and NFL neither did anything wrong and were consistant in their positions so Williams is the one that took the gamble knowing the NFL would appeal and so he should be the one that pays by not playing in either for a year.