View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early Precombine Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
You are right that the math does not support this, but look at it from Detroit's perspective. If they do not make this move, they may not get a top flight qb. In this scenario, The Jets, Chicago, and Minne would all want Sanchez. It will be near impossible for him to slide by the Jets and the Bears. And even if that happened, Detroit would have to worry about the Vikings jumping up and grabbing Sanchez. Plus think about this. After Sanchez the next QB is Freeman. Its possible the Jets take Sanchez and the Bears take Freeman. If that occurs, Detroit misses out on the top 3 qbs. They would then have to consider a much lower rated QB.

At the end of the day they have 2 first rounders. It is not a huge price to give up your second to get your franchise QB.
I would rather have Davis and Bomar than any of the top 3 QB's this year.

You can get them for a bargain and I think they have less bust potential than the top 3.

They can both make all the throws. They just need to be coached up a bit. If Bomar was graduating from Oklahoma instead of Sam Houston St then he would be a 1st rounder.

Stafford doesn't have a grasp on the mental part of playing QB yet, and personally, I'm not sure he will ever completely get it. I think Stafford will bust, cannon or not.

Sanchez will need to sit. If I needed a QB, I would take him after #15 no problem.

Freeman has the prototype build and a strong arm. But I think his bust potential is higher than Stafford's. I think he is really comparable to Ryan Leaf.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote