View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early Precombine Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like your trade down idea from 15 to 20 but I don't think there's any way that Detroit gives us their 2nd round pick to move up 5 spots, the point value just doesn't work. #15 is worth 1050 points and #20 is worth 850 points, a difference of 200 points. Detroits 2nd round pick is worth 580 points and their 3rd round pick is worth 265 points. I think getting Detroits 3rd round pick would be much more realistic. If your trade did happen though, I'd take Patrick Chung instead of Mack with the first pick of the 2nd round. Cushing, Chung, Ayers, Pegues, Hunt, and Foster....WOW, I wish.
You are right that the math does not support this, but look at it from Detroit's perspective. If they do not make this move, they may not get a top flight qb. In this scenario, The Jets, Chicago, and Minne would all want Sanchez. It will be near impossible for him to slide by the Jets and the Bears. And even if that happened, Detroit would have to worry about the Vikings jumping up and grabbing Sanchez. Plus think about this. After Sanchez the next QB is Freeman. Its possible the Jets take Sanchez and the Bears take Freeman. If that occurs, Detroit misses out on the top 3 qbs. They would then have to consider a much lower rated QB.

At the end of the day they have 2 first rounders. It is not a huge price to give up your second to get your franchise QB.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote