View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Pre-Combine Mock

Beerlover,
As always I think you put together a very solid and smart draft. You have teams taking what they oughta take and not necessarily what they will. I am a big proponent of the Lions taking LT over a QB. I love the NO pick: Davis is a brilliant pick based on your draft.
I think you did a great job overall.

But, you are a lot like me. And you don't want to read people agreeing with you, you want to hear disagreement that fosters discussion.

I see Unger as the #2 Center on the board. I really like Mack(as I am sure you know) and think he is the best Center to come out in a while. Mack was able to contain Raji (best DT prospect this year) whereas Unger struggled against him.

While I get why you have MJ going to Oakland, I think he will need to have an AWESOME combine to do it. I currently have Orakpo slotted there.

I am not sure Jerry is right for Denver. While they need just about anything on D what they really need is a stud MLB like Al Wilson. Wilson shore up the middle and made sure handed tackles. I think if the draft played out this way Denver takes Maualuga and shores up their Mike for the next 10 years. They can always grab Brace in the second.

I also don't like the Colts taking a WR here. You might be right and they might do it, but I think they should take Alphonso Smith. They have Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez, and Addai as passing targets but have more of a pressing need in the DBs. If they really wanted a WR they could grab one in the 2nd or third. While Nicks is good, I think they would prefer to give Peyton some help on D so he doesnt have to score 35 each week.

I like your idea for a trade, but I think we could get a fair amount more than just a 3rd to move down. With Minne, Detroit, and the Jets looking for a first round QB, I could see someone giving up a 2nd for the right to choose between Stafford and Sanchez. If that was the case we would pick 17, 18, 20 or 22. I would entertain the idea of doing a second trade and try to sell the teams with a WR need to jump back up and grab Harvin or a Nicks. I would even consider trading out of the first completely and picking up a first next year as well as an additional 2nd and 3rd + this year.

So, thats it. As I said, overall pretty good!
Hope this fosters some good Draft talk!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote