View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009   #397
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Well, I was hoping that Moreno would fall all the way into my lap in the second round. I know that the Chiefs have LJ, but his production has went down drastically last year and his character is going to be questioned. He is facing possible suspension from his off the field issues and everything, but I just don't value a particular RB at this spot. I was considering Shonne Green, but he really only produced for one year and will be 25 his rookie year. I would like to get a few extra years out of a RB, and I feel the value will be there later in the draft. Instead, I decided to fix the horrid pass-rush. 10 sacks? Really? If I had my way, Dorsey would not have been drafted last year. I was calling bust then. However, I do not like a single DT in the top 3 rounds this year. This is a very poor DT class and I think Raji has bust written all over him. I narrowed my list of DE's down to three:

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

Ayers comes from a defensive-rich conference and has come on strong late. He has had a great post-season circuit. Kruger I feel was more of the "big fish in a little pond" type player. I think he is an NFL player, I'm just not nearly as high on him as most of yall. Sidbury is a physical presence and has some of the best physical measurements of all the DE's in this years draft. He has experience getting to the QB and he has also had a great post-season circuit thus far against the top competition in the draft (more or less). It came down to Ayers and Sidbury, but I'm going to select Lawrence Sidbury from Richmond. I feel that his long arms will help him keep distance between OT's and that he has the potential to be a special DE. Sidbury put up more sacks this season (11.5) than Ayers did in his career (9). The Chiefs have gone with a youth movement and have taken projects early with someone like Alberts last year. The raw, unteachable, physical skill set is there, and you just can't pass that up in the NFL.