View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com Mock Draft - 2/6/09

I'm not completely impressed with Orakpo to the point most fans are. He seems like a good all around kind of DE put I don't see him as having an elite anything. This leaves me to believe he's not going to be picked in the top 5. What he does have, from what I can gather, is that he goes ALL OUT every play. He seems like he'll be a good teammate, he's smart, is a hard worker, and will give you his all. As a fan, that's all you can ask for. That sounds like a guy that's worth looking at 10-15 but not top 5. On the other hand, sometimes the really successful DEs aren't necessarily the ones that are perfect, they're the ones that WANT it more than anyone else.

If Kubiak and Smith think Orakpo is BPA at that spot, I have NO problem at all with the pick. Rak really seems like he's got his head on straight. I see him as being a low risk pick. Even if he never turns out to be a great pass rusher, I think he'll always have a spot on a team. I don't see him as being a bust solely because every game/practice he tries so dang hard.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote